Saturday, December 02, 2006

SOP Saturday- Natures Wonderland

This weeks SOP is The Nature's Wonderland Story Operations Procedures published in 1964 by the University of Disneyland. But before I present the SOP, here is the first of many Christmas at Disneyland photographs for December. This image is of the 1964 Candlelight Christmas on Main Street. Photograph is from the files of a defunct Long Beach newspaper. I like the guests standing on the chairs in the foreground to get a better look.























3 comments:

DisneyDutchman said...

WOW again!! These SOP's give such a tremendous insight to the philosophy behind the whole Disney approach. Once again Matterhorn many many thanks for taking the time to share your wonderful images and thoughtful writings. I know how much time it takes to scan and post these fantastic items and it is very much appreciated at our household!!!!! DD

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the Nature's Wonderland operating procedures...wow! I need to go back and read it in more detail, since this was one of my all-time favorite attractions. Thanks for the candle light photo too...wish I had more Christmas pics of Disneyland.

Anonymous said...

What a nice trip down memory lane. I don't recall reading such an elaborate SOP back in my training days of 1971-1972. And from what I gather, there was a script and speil used for the narrative. This was all recorded by the time I arrived, engaged by pressing a button at particular points along the line.