Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Four Views of the Christmas Bowl 1955

Today I am taking a break from showing the parade and showcasing the Christmas Bowl off of the Hub in 1955.

This image is of the Disneyland band resplendent in their blue uniforms playing Christmas Carols for an appreciative crowd.

Here we see dancers and singers looking like they stepped off the stage from Thouroughly Modern Millie. I like the costumes on the dancers and the singers.

The last two show the Polish dancers on stage as the sign states that is sitting on the steps. Once again some very cool costumes.

I just want to also state my sadness at the loss of Joseph Barbera. Growing up on his cartoons was a highlight of my childhood and I gained a further appreciation of his work as I became older. He will be missed by many, myself included.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are some wonderful images! I have to admit that I was not even aware of the "Christmas Bowl" until you first mentioned it a few days ago.

I was going to say that the first photo (with Vesey Walker conducting the Disneyland Band) was my favorite, but after looking at them all again, I can't decide!

DisneyDutchman said...

This is another WOW!! Gorgeous Gorgeous pics!! Christmas 1955 at Disneyland!! The Bandstand looks beautiful and Vesey looks sharp as a tack. The original location of the Bandstand was at the Town Square but Walt didn't like it there so it was moved (prior to the park opening on July 17)to the Carnation Gardens area. DD

thepicklebarrel said...

sheesh! i might as well not start blogging again! how does one top these pics? great stuff, patrick!

Hannibal8 said...

Great picutres of the bandstand. We might go to Rogers Garden tomorrow night. Your pictures have inspired me.