Friday, October 09, 2009

Souvenir Friday- Golden Horseshoe Menu Circa Late 1970s

Years ago the Golden Horseshoe had an actual menu as well as waitresses who would take your order and deliver the food. The waitresses were dressed in showgirl outfits and the guys behind the bar would make up the drinks and sandwiches. At the time another sponsor was Frito-Lay, so the Horseshoe offered Frito-Lay brand chips as rib ticklers. Based upon the prices and the date code on the back, I would date this menu to the late 1970's. This one is not as fancy as the other menu from the Golden Horseshoe I have in my collection.

2 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Neat item! I'll take the Comic's Combo and a large Mt. Dew!

The mid to late '70's seem to lack "fancy", notice how the cover has that "unfancy" rural look, reminds me of Spillikin Corners at Magic Mt.

Major Pepperidge said...

Cool! It does have a 70's feel to it; I've never seen one of these before. So, are we going to see your fancier menu one of these days, or did you already post it?