Monday, July 31, 2006

Storybook Land Ticket Booth and Signs 1966

Yesterday the Daveland Blog posted an image of Monstro the Whale and the Storybook Land ticket booth themed as a lighthouse. One of the questions was if this was truly a ticket booth. Delving into my collection of sign photographs taken in April of 1966, I came up with these four images showing the booth was in fact a ticket booth (albeit a very tiny one.) However, it appears that by 1966 the booth had been changed to just a scenic element with a reminder to remove a D copupon from your ticket book to ride the Storybook Land Canal boats. The lighthouse has moved around a little bit and is now part of the scenic element at the entrance to the line for the attraction.

3 comments:

Daveland said...

Great shots - I especially love the shot of the guy's head that appears to be inside of Monstro's mouth! Fantastic collection as always, Matterhorn.

Major Pepperidge said...

I'm kind of suprised that Storybook Land was a D-ticket attraction. More of a C in my opinion, though I do love it. By the way, the mushroom ticket booth in front of the "Alice" attraction looks like the same basic cylindrical building....I just can't imagine spending much time in there (on a hot day) selling tickets.

Chris Merritt said...

Great shots! I'd love to see the whole "signage documentation" collection...