Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Huck Finn Raft Leaving Dock for Tom Sawyers Island

Last week I put up a photograph of the Becky Thatcher raft. Today it is one of the other rafts, the Huck Finn. I like the activity in this photo with all the people on the raft, the Keel Boats, and the people walking by in the background. There are some details such as in the lower left hand side is a tunnel to Indian Village, a little bit over from that there appears to be a sign strung across the walkway and the best touch is the dirt path leading from the loading area to the main path. And to be honest with you, I like the landscaping much more than the concrete wasteland that is there now.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I can kind of understand why they don't use little dirt paths in Frontierland anymore, though it sure looks great! Wonder what that banner says in the background...I have a slide in which you can see a bit of it, maybe I'll post it tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

You sure like the island culm

The Tall Guy said...

Notice the guys wearing jeans? Are they Greasers? haha Could this be the beginning of the more casual attire worn to the park and the end of dresses and ties?