Friday, July 14, 2006

Souvenir Friday- Original Art for Art Corner Sign

This is the original art for a sign that was sold at the Art Corner. There is a whole series of these signs with cute sayings and Disney characters. Most have a label on the back with space for an address and the wonderful old Art Corner logo.

This may be my last post for a while as I am heading to California to sell at the NFFC Disney show. If you happen to be at the show, do not hesitate to stop by my table and say hello. I will be the one with boxes of vintage Disneyland paper. Upon my return look for more unusual photographs of Disneyland and of course fun souvenirs on Fridays.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

will miss your pictures see you soon lm

Major Pepperidge said...

Interesting, they tried two other paths for the errant putt before settling on the final version (which actually is funnier). I also like the fact that the golf balls look like the kind from the 1920's. Now you just need to find an example of one of these signs! Wish I could make it down to the NFFC show this weekend. Try to stay cool!

Chris Merritt said...

Wow - I didn't know you had Art Corner art!

Staying cool will not be an option this weekend, I'm afraid...

Matterhorn1959 said...

Major- I actually have the sign in my collection. I just did not get a chance to pull it. It is this art exactly done in white on a brown woodtone material.