Friday, June 16, 2006

Souvenir Friday- Whistle Postcard Item

I love souvenirs and other items that are obscure and unusual. This souvenir ranks right at the top. A play on words, the card reads You will whistle with Glee when you see Disneyland, attached to the mailing tag is a leather bag holding a small whistle. The only manufacturing mark is for Eastman Tag of Los Angeles. Postally used with a Los Angeles Terminal postmark for July 8, 1957 this is one cute souvenir. So remember that when you see Disneyland, whistle with Glee!

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Too cool, and I love the brief message on the tag as well.

Unknown said...

Love this mailer! Hope to find one like it in the future! Please let me know if you ever sell it! I love any mailing souvenir including the peek viewers if they have a mail8ng tag.

Unknown said...

Love this mailer! Hope to find one like it in the future! Please let me know if you ever sell it! I love any mailing souvenir including the peek viewers if they have a mailing tag.