Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Indian Village Ticket Booth

Once upon a time there were individual tickets for each ride and each ride had its own ticket booth. This is the one that was in Indian Village where one could purchase tickets for the Indian War Canoe (paddle your own vehicle) and for the Tom Sawyer Island Rafts. I really miss ticket booths and ticket books. I believe they spread the crowd out to more rides as they received smaller tickets for smaller rides. If ticket books were still available, rides such as the Horse Drawn Trolley, Keel Boats, Snow Whites Scary Adventure and even Motor Boat Cruise would have more ridership. And the expectation of the guests for every new ride to be an amazing E Ticket ride that is on the cutting edge would not be there. I actually appreciate the Winnie the Pooh ride for what it is, along with the Monsters Inc ride. These rides are C or even D ticket rides with wonderful theming and maybe not the best ride experience (3-D, speed, thrills, etc.) but still enjoyable. Ah, I am sounding like an old curmedgeon yelling about progress. By the way, I like the kid jumping up and down in joy.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Amazing photo! I'm definitely into the minute details, especially when it's something I've never seen an image of before. This one is particularly great...

Anonymous said...

great photo Patrick