Friday, June 02, 2006

Souvenir Friday- 1955 Puzzle Postcard

For this week's souvenir Friday, I am showing one of a series of very unusual postcards that were sold in 1955. The postcards are normal views from the first photographic views published by Disneyland, but are done as puzzles. The guests would buy the postcards which are in a plastic bag and then send the postcard via the mail. The recipient would then open the bag and make the puzzle to see the image. I can see kids wanting their parents to purchase the postcards, but not many were succesful as these are very scarce postcards. I do have the original bag for this but I only show the postcard and the header card with the information. It is things like this that keep us collectors on the prowl.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, there are just a few postcards that I need for my collection, and the puzzle cards are among them! Do you have that one that is a postcard that you can play on a record player?

Matterhorn1959 said...

I am missing one of the puzzle cards to complete the set, some of the die cut cards and oversize cards and the record postcard of Sleeping Beauty Castle. Oh and four of the Black and White photo cards. But I am patient and will find them.