Saturday, January 30, 2010

New York World's Fair- Part 4

This day we visit more of the different national pavilions at the World Fair. First up is two images from the Nation of Greece that was in the Hall of Nations.

Next up is another national pavilion, this time a building of its own in the Government section. It is a close up of the medallion at the entrance to Portugal.

Last image for today features the crowd around a pavilion. I cannot identify the building, I thought it was for General Electric, but that building does not look like this one. Please let me know....

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Arg, I wish I had my 1939 NYWF reference books handy, I want to know what that building is!

Anonymous said...

Hello!
Looking for details on the items shown in the portuguese pavillion, such as the toys ' playthings' please check the following link and if there's any better photo or known book with them let me know at my email
guzarate(a)gmail.com you must change the (a) by the @
link is:
http://www.1939nyworldsfair.com/worlds_fair/wf_tour/zone-1/portugal.htm