Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Two Obscure Views

I just got a nice large collection of slides from 1970. The photographer definitely had an eye for some obscure shots. The first is a slide of the old entrance/exit vignette for Pirates. This is the scene from my childhood without the squawking parrot and the led lit map, or the new Isle of Tortuga set piece.

The second image is from the entrance area to the Opera House featuring Mr. Lincoln and a quote from Gettysburg. I do not think very many people snapped an image of this piece.

4 comments:

Jason Schultz said...

I'd love to see more where these came from. As somebody who has spent a LOT of time in the Opera House over the years, The Lincoln bust isn't in the exit area, but is directly inside the front entrance doors, where the guest book was for many years and what's now (still?) the image collages.

outsidetheberm said...

VERY nice! These are the shots you dream about. Thanks.

jedblau said...

These are SWEET.

Matterhorn1959 said...

Thanks for the correction Progressland. I was racking my poor brain for the memory of where the bust was located.