Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Pirates of the Caribbean Old School Style

Continuing the deep dive into the collection of 1970s slides are these two slides from Pirates of the Caribbean. The first shows the outside of the building prior to construction of the walkway and the stairs up the Disney Gallery. (I will not acknowledge the thing Disneyland is putting in that location!)

The second shot is a little blurry, but I love the sense of action. It is one of my favorite scenes in the ride. I also like the stuffed toy dog they sell now holding the keys. I am happy to say they have not changed this section of the ride much.

6 comments:

jedblau said...

Oh, man. That's how I remember it. It was so long ago that it looked like this that I'd almost forgotten. Thanks for the flashback.

Major Pepperidge said...

Is it just me, or does it seem as if "improvements" are NEVER better??

The removal of the Disney Gallery irks me because:

a: I'll just miss it
and
b: It's being turned something that only a lucky few will be able to enjoy - - and even at that it is only a nice vacation suite.

Unknown said...

I agree...

The loss of the Gallery is tragic. It was such an amzing spot.

Thanks for the shot!

Anonymous said...

And to think I can remember the Gallery before it was ever completed. The place was just empty and unfinished in the early 70's when I worked Pirates.

Anonymous said...

ahh...the days of waiting in loooong Pirates lines wherein they "opened" the doors just to the right of the building to expand the queue.

Anonymous said...

oops...on the left side of the building (near the Treehouse)