Monday, April 27, 2015

North Pole Colorado Visit circa late 1960s

South of Denver lies the majestic Pike's Peak and at the base of the peak is a little theme park called the North Pole. A Santa Claus park with lots of Christmas themed attractions and of course Santa Claus himself available for visitors. The first picture is of the entrance that basically still looks the same. The family looks excited for their visit.

Next is the family posing on a mushroom. I believe mushrooms show up at Santa Claus parks due to the connection to elves, and elves make the toys for Santa. Check out the wonderful shopping bag most likely filled with candy and toys.

The family once again poses at the old mill pond with the church in the background. This is still a park I love to visit and soak in the nostalgic vintage feel.

3 comments:

K. Martinez said...

Those hours of operation were pretty typical for the Storybook Lands and Santa Villages of those days. That shopping bag is awesome!

Major Pepperidge said...

I wish I had gone into the lucrative cement mushroom industry... think how rich and powerful I would be today.

stu29573 said...

My grandparents, parents and I went there at about this time. I will look for my pictures...