Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Frontierland Scenic Views

These slides are from the same batch of slides as the it's a small world slides posted yesterday. The slides are of a nice Frontierland with great views. First up is a great view of the New Orleans area of old Frontierland with the Matterhorn in the background and the Old Mill in the foreground. I remember the barrel floating in the water every time I rode the Mark Twain with my grandparents. I will have to look and see if this little touch still exists in the Rivers of America.

Next up is the finale of the Three Sisters Falls with the Nature's Wonderland Mine Train tracks going under the falls.

2 comments:

K. Martinez said...

I think my favorite era of Frontierland was the early 70s. Pack Mules and Mine Train still operating and a quiet Rivers of America in the evening.

Anonymous said...

It certainly felt more like a 'Frontierland' back in that decade. There was a definite purpose for that barrel. All watercraft was to stay to the outside of it. And I can still feel that spray while riding under the falls on a hot day. How refreshing it was!---Former MT and Canoe operator.