Friday, August 27, 2010

Souvenir Friday- Decals

Years ago happy travelers would purchase souvenir decals to place on their cars, luggage or just to save. Many vintage 1960s car windows were adorned with these decals. Disneyland had several different decals available during this time period. First up is a nice large design featuring the gang, Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy.

Two different versions of Mickey and the Disneyland logo.

Knott's Berry Farm also had their own souvenir decals. This one features the old prospector and his mule.

The last decal shows that even small theme parks had their decals. The saying on the wall cracks me up...

4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

The "Dogpatch U.S.A." decal is my favorite, that has to be scarce.

Connie Moreno said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! I love those decals!

JG said...

My Dad put the Knotts one on his old travel trailer. I remember how it crumbled with age (the sticker, not the trailer).

Flood of (good) memory. Thank you, Matterhorn.

JG

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I've got that 2nd one on my den window! But I really like that 3rd one in orange - WOW! Not the easiest things to apply however!