Thursday, August 19, 2010

Four Views of Sea World

Two neat views of my favorite Dolphin Show. I always enjoyed this show when I watched it as it had some slapstick humor, some nice acrobatic dolphins and fire. In the background is the Hawaiian Punch village where one could purchase a nice cold tropical drink.

Next up is the tropical bird island. I do not remember this and it looks rather stark. The building reminds me of San Onofre Nuclear Energy Generating station.

One of my strongest memories is the Japanese Pearl Diving Pavilion. I was always intrigued by the Koi and the pearl divers. And of course the fantastic and funky Japanese candies. Another memory is that my brother ended up with a large wood sliver from the dock. He was not happy to go to first aid and ran away. We eventually found him and he had the sliver removed by one of the nurses in the First Aid station.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, that dolphin must be 15 feet up (at his head anyway). I can only jump 12 feet out of the water.

Chris Merritt said...

Hmmm - are you sure that Bird Island is Sea World? I don't remember it either - and it looks maybe like Busch Gardens in Van Nuys to me...