Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Disneyland Date Memo October 1964

As those who know me, not only do I collect images of Disneyland, but my main collection is comprised of Disneyland paper and other collectables. And this is a great piece I was fortunate to buy. It is a memo from one employee to another asking for a date to the after Christmas employee party. I like this piece because it shows the employees being human and also the nice Disneyland Inter office communication memo form. I do not know if they actually went on the date or not...one of the mysteries of life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today that sort of memo could get you fired, or worse, a lawsuit!

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP!

I worked at WDW from 9/89-3/97, and I knew that guy! Wayne Van de Walker was, if memory serves, a Manager for Epcot Custodial (at least part of the time I was there)!

There were a number of CM's that came from DL to WDW; I had the pleasure of working for one of them part of the time I was there. Very exciting hearing the first hand accounts of the beginning of DL.

Anonymous said...

I worked at Disneyland 1958-1970/WDW 1970-1972. Wayne woked with me on the Steam Train and later as my Ast, Production Coordinator for Tommy Walker. For WDW I was in the Hotel Div. and Wayne went back to Operations. I have over ten boxes of my original Disneyland/WDW memos,event files for Mary Poppins,Christmas(1962-1966) etc. Ben Harris