Thursday, February 20, 2014

Early Morning Rowing

One of my strongest memories of visiting Disneyland during my childhood was rowing the Davey Crockett's Explorer Canoes on the Rivers of America. Since we were a family of 5 boys and our cousins consisted of 4 boys and a tomboy girl, we would load up on one of the canoes and paddle as hard as we could. When I saw these images on Sunday with yesterday's teacups post, my mind went back to those fun times. The first image shows a canoe heading out to the wilderness with the Hungry Bear restaurant in the background.

The next image shows the guests having fun and working hard to paddle past Tom Sawyer's Island. I believe this picture was taken right about the Mark Twain and Columbia dock. Check out the little kid in hid black cowboy hat who is totally out of sync.

2 comments:

K. Martinez said...

Nice shot of the Hungry Bear with Davy Crockett canoe. I didn't ride the canoes until I was an adult. It's one of those attractions that I don't do often, but love it when I do. Everything along the Rivers of America seems more up close and personal.

Anonymous said...

Brings back some real-life memories for a former canoe CM. Thanks!