Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Some Characters in 1959

By 1959 the costumed characters started looking a bit more on model, but still not quite there. The characters are a little too skinny without as much padding and roundness as seen by today's characters. First up is Chip and Dale with a bevy of fans.

Next up is a shot of one of the little pigs, a very skinny little pig. Also this slide was pink when I scanned it....and was tough to color correct.

Last image that came with these slides is a fantastic shot of the start of the Alice In Wonderland ride. I love the face the younger brother is making.

3 comments:

Connie Moreno said...

I could not stop laughing at those characters!!! These are great!

Major Pepperidge said...

That kid is freaking me out! Stop staring at me!

Are these stereo slides?

Matterhorn1959 said...

Major- these are large format slides that unfortunately turned red and pink.