Friday, February 22, 2008

Souvenir Friday- Indian Trading Post Sign

Like most of you, I am a signage freak. I love the visual signs of Disneyland and will try to purchase Disneyland signs when I find them. This sign was purchased from a friend's shop a couple of years ago when one of their consignor's brought in a large collection of signage. It is a nice size, being approximately 10 by 12 inches and a classic piece of Disneyland which no longer exists. One side is the clock face, the other is that the store would not be open.

5 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

This is a very nice hand-painted sign... I don't know anything about the Trading Post, how long was it at the park??

Chris Merritt said...

WOW! Nice sign - color me jealous....

Bearride - Raymond said...

That is SO cool!!!!!

Anonymous said...

@ major -- If I'm not mistaken it's still there, rethemed, redecorated and renamed as the Briar Patch. It sold Pooh and assorted bear-themed merch in Bear Country days; now assorted Citter Country-ish woodland plush and standard DL stuff. Great memories of begging my folks for money to buy Davy Crockett souvenirs there, and spending allowance money on reproduction Real Stone Arrowheads during my (mercifully brief) Cub Scout days.

Matterhorn1959 said...

Mr. Wiggins is absolutely correct. I believe it may have disappeared as an Indian Trading Post in 1972 when Bear Country opened. I will have to check some of my references.