Saturday, February 09, 2008

Pre-Opening Fantasyland Images

Taking a quick break from scanning the photo album from Esther, here are three more views from the Construction images of Disneyland. All three are from the courtyard of Sleeping Beauty's Castle in Fantasyland. The buildings and rides are all almost complete. The little details like the contractors cars and the bags of cement are interesting to see. I can only imagine the whirlwind of activity and the stress as opening day drew near.

3 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Hey Matterhorn, these are sure a neat series. I still can't understand who would have bought these back then? "Lets buy some Disneyland Construction Pictures, in 3D!" That must have been a small group of people. Are these 35mm of some other format? Individual slides or in sets of 3 or 4? Inquiring minds want to know... THANKS!

Major Pepperidge said...

I'm guessing that these are much smaller than 35mm...maybe more of a Viewmaster size? Anyway, pre-opening photos are kind of a holy grail (I only own one, and it cost me!).

CoxPilot said...

Major: I'm not sure if you saw a post a while back, but I'll say it again; I found, what I think is, a copy of the viewer used for those 3D pics at . . .

http://www.3dstereo.com/viewmaster/mf-fold.html