Friday, September 15, 2006

Souvenir Friday-INA Magic of Happiness Record Card Thing

This wonderful souvenir piece was created for the Insurance Company of North America advertising and sales campaign. The campaign used Disneyland to tie into the theme of the Magic of Happiness. The ads focused on how good insurance could help create a magic of happiness for those purchasing the insurance. The most visible souvenirs of the campaign are the ads that appeared in Life, Look and the Saturday Evening Post. This flexi disc record folder would be mailed out to prospective customers and the local INA agent would then call on them to complete the deal. The music if I remember correctly is studio versions, not done at Disneyland and there is some sales spiel between songs. Other items seen from this campaign is a nice large set of posters featuring the same images as the magazine ads (and on the front cover of this record) as well as a nice brochure about INA at Disneyland that was sent to agents. And one final interesting note, this record was manufactured by Bing Crosby Phonecards, Inc. Just another investment by a star of the time period.

4 comments:

Chris Merritt said...

Why didn't you mention this to me for the INA article! Ahhh well, you can't have everything...

Matterhorn1959 said...

Tanga- I did but I did not have it with me so I could not scan images.

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, I love flexi-discs and other giveaway records (like the ones you had to cut out of the back of a cereal box). We have a couple from old National Geographics (Man landing on the moon, etc), and I think a Bobby Sherman disc from a cereal box.

A Disneyland-related flexi is even better!

WaltsMusic said...

I found one of these a few months ago. I recorded it, but it had major skips. Also one side was gone. great to see what the entire thing looks like!