Monday, January 09, 2017

Phillip and His Feathered Hat

Rarely do I find images where a fun souvenir is so prominently featured. In the late 1960s, one boy named Phillip went to Disneyland and convinced his parents to purchase a souvenir hat. This hat featured a nice graphic of Sleeping Beauty Castle and was embroidered with his name. But the best feature was a long yellow feather.

The feather was so fun that Dad could not resist it when posing for a family portrait. The feather even matches Mom's fabulous outfit.

I hear that Phillip wore this hat to his first job interview and got the job. I know Major Pepperidge is very jealous of the hat!

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Hey, new posts! I had almost given up hope. Yes, I am very jealous of Phillip's hat. I'm sure he grew up to be rich and successful.

walterworld said...

Mom doesn't look amused in the last photo!

Philip should be about 56 now. I hope he still has the hat :)