Tuesday, October 08, 2013



K. Martinez said...

Is this one of your Halloween focused posts? Looks like a horror prop from one of Knott's Halloween Haunts.


Major Pepperidge said...

That's "Mister Plow" to you! "Call Mister Plow, that's my name, that name again is Mister Plow".

Anonymous said...

I used to drive a tractor much like that pulling an implement almost identical, many, many years ago.

That is not a plow, the implement is called a "Disc" from the disc-shaped blades.

It's effect is much like a plow, only shallower, the cut is only the radius of the disc (up to the central axle). A plow can cut much deeper, but not as wide.

These are used for light tillage, working under weeds that have grown up, etc. A staple tool on the farm. This is a very small model, even for it's age, looks like an orchard or vineyard model. Of course, it might be so old that it is as big as they were made, back in the day.

Nice pic, brings back good memories. I can smell the dirt and the oil again.