Friday, August 17, 2012

Souvenir Friday- A Couple of Rare Postcards

Two rare postcards. First up is the hardest to find Art Corner postcard. Lady and the Tramp had just been released to theaters and this card features all the characters in Disneyland. I like the representation of Disneyland in the background. The caption on the reverse is: Disneyland Lady, Tramp, Jock and Trusty, from Walt Disney's recent picture "Lady and the Tramp," send greetings from the Magic Kingdom of of Disneyland. This card, designed by the artists of the WALT DISNEY STUDIO, is one of the many unique items distributed exclusively by the ART CORNER at DISNEYLAND, Anaheim, California.

The next postcard is one of my favorite, I love the Global Van Lines truck and also the two attraction posters in the background. I always glance over to this building every time I visit Disneyland and hope to see the truck and building.

6 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I wonder why that Lady and the Tramp card is so rare... did they just sell it for a very short time? You'd think that it would be popular with guests.

I still don't have one of those Global Van Lines cards, arg!

Thufer said...

That GVL is breathtaking. I would love to own one of those as well.

K. Martinez said...

I don't have the GVL card either. I haven't seen it on the Bay or PC shows, so it must be rarer than I originally thought.

It's nice to see it as a large image.

Connie Moreno said...

That second shot is amazing. I have no recollection of the GVL - where was it located?

K. Martinez said...

It was located in Town Square just to the left of the Emporium. If you used the storage lockers before 1980s this was the location.

Witchcrafted Life said...

What charming Disney postcards! I really like the Global Van Lines one, too, and wish we'd had a moving truck a fraction of that cute to work with when we relocated from Ontario to B.C. earlier this year.

Thank you very much for all of your recent blog comments, my dear. I really appreciate them and hope you have a fabulous weekend!

♥ Jessica