Wednesday, February 16, 2011

World's Fair Wednesday- 1958 Brussel's Postcards

Moving away from the slides showing the 1958 Brussels World's Fair and moving to postcards from the fair. First up is the America Pavilion. There is a great Disney connection as this is where the Circarama film was shown to promote America. The employees running the film were on leave from Disneyland.

The second postcard is of the home country Belgium pavilion. It is a postcard view with the Atomium behind the building.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I always wondered if the Brussels Circarama had any connection to Disney. Now I know!

Jason Schultz said...

I have a lengthy post on the Brussels Circarama I've been meaning to put together for about nine months now--maybe this is just the inspiration I need!