Friday, June 18, 2010

Souvenir Friday- Disneyland Hotel Ephemera

Though not exciting visually, the ephemeral items are fun to see. First up is the receipts for a 1961 visit by a couple from Kansas City, Kansas. The couple participated in the survey and received this nice letter from the hotel.

The receipt from the hotel.

The owner even saved his check register. I love the comment that the price included breakfast in the room!

And a quick photo of the couple.

A newer item from the hotel is this free game of golf coupon.


Tim- I promise I will start posting some of my Grad Nite stuff just for you!

6 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

But you don't have a Disneyland Hotel towel, do you? The ultimate souvenir from ANY hotel! I like to take the whole mini-bar. ;-)

Matt said...

These are great, I especially love the comment card return letter. You just don't get that kind of personal treatment these days. And the cars in the parking lot are just fantastic!

CoxPilot said...

I wonder if one could research the license plate, and find the people.

TokyoMagic! said...

Wow, remember when the hotel and the monorail station used to look cool? Great photo and items!

Katella Gate said...

Thank you Mr. And Mrs. Comprehensive, wherever you are.

A restaurant charge for $2.22?? Today you couldn't press your face against a window and sniff for that amount.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

"not exciting visually" maybe if you're blind! These are awesome!

My favorite is the ledger card with he paid stamp! NCR Form 14 - nice, this was made specially for a Hotel/Motel version of NCR's cash register... I want one of those!

Can't wait for some Grad Nite posts :-).... THANKS! Special request - Gran Nite 77 Program....