Friday, March 03, 2006

1956 Disneyland Rainbow Caverns Mine Ride Gate Flyer

Back in the 1950s and 1960s, Disneyland used to advertise the newly opened rides and attractions using flyers given out at the front gate as you arrived at the park. This is an example of one of the earliest, advertising the opening of four attractions in June of 1956. The attractions are the Rainbow Caverns Mine Ride, Mineral Hall, Professor George J. Kellers Jungle Killers and the Junior Autopia in Fantasyland. I like the black and white storyboard art of the train going through the Rainbow Caverns. And I hope Chris likes it as well.

2 comments:

Chris Merritt said...

How could I not like it?!!! You know what a Mine Train fan I am....

Anonymous said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site... I see that you also love Disney... me too...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!