Friday, November 10, 2006

Souvenir Friday- Christmas Parade Route Map

Well I was originally going to post this ad for Martin Instruments featuring the Disneyland Band, but I could not find it. So instead here is a rare piece of paper from 1957, the parade route for the Christmas Parade. Since the band is always part of the parade, I thought it appropriate. What is interesting is that the parade route ends in Frontierland so the image I showed yesterday could have been from this parade.

While looking for the Martin instrument ad, I came across this hang tag that once was buttoned on a kids shirt. I love this graphic and the travel poster featuring this is amazing, but it is nice to see it on a small size.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zowie, that hang tag is something I've never seen before...but the poster that it uses for the illustration is one of the coolest ever. Love the flyer with the parade route too!

I have a bunch of "backstage" photos of the many participants of the holiday parade (from around 1960) that are fantastic, I will be posting those as Christmas gets closer.

thepicklebarrel said...

wowzie, wowzie, woo-woo!!

wot a great tag!

so weird that it advertises the twa rocket yet the product is tom saywer apparel...

strange...just when you think you've seen it all!

thanks for posting!