Friday, October 20, 2006

Souvenir Friday- Tinkerbell Disneyland T Shirts

Today's souvenirs are two different Tinkerbell T Shirts sold at the Emporium. What is neat about the shirts is that on the end of her wand is a little metal piece that kind of glows and catches the light. I believe the bottom shirt is actually older from 1955 or 1956 and the top shirt approximately from 1959. T shirts are a very unique collectable from the early days of Disneyland. I have seen a couple of different ones that are not in my collection. One T shirt is of the native from Adventureland that Gorilla's Don't Blog showed with a kid wearing the shirt as his first post, and there is one that is a shield design as seen on some of the pennants from the late 1950s. I would almost think there is a T shirt with the spaceman or the Rocket to the Moon from Tomorrowland. A great source of information are the various gift catalogs printed. But the trouble is that the gift catalogs are collectables in their own right.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

It's amazing that something like this would survive for 50 years. Some little girl didn't wear her Tinkerbell shirt? What's up wit dat? If you ever find a Tomorrowland shirt, I hope you will post it here, since that is my favorite land!

Anonymous said...

Tinkerbell looks so cute there -- it seems like they make her look kind of trampy now!

Harlot said...

I've been looking for this shirt I had when little now I'm 50 and it's the only shirt I want