Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Frontierland Views from Tom Sawyer's Island

Three nice images of Frontierland from Tom Sawyer's Island in 1962. First up are two views of Cascade Peak area from the back of the island. The first shows the little town of Rainbow Ridge in the background and the Indian Canoes in the foreground.

Next up is a photo heading the other way with the Three Sisters falls. In 7 years, the flora has really grown and the area does appear to be a wilderness.

Last image is taken from one of the landing docks for the rafts. I love the red lantern in the foreground to frame the shot. In the background are construction walls for New Orleans Square with attraction posters up on the wall.

2 comments:

K. Martinez said...

I like the second image. If it was posted somewhere else, I don't think I'd guess it was Disneyland. Maybe the only give away would be the slightly hidden Cascade Peak. I'd never guess there were city streets just beyond those trees.

Major Pepperidge said...

Yeah, that second image is unusual... most people would look at it and go, "Huh?". But I like it!