Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Vintage Grad Nite Photographs

I love finding Grad Nite photographs. The images always show the wonderful fashion of the time, especially the suits and dresses. First up is an image of two girls going stag posing with Captain Hook. This one is from 1978 when flowered prairie style dresses were in fashion.

In three years, fashion has changed. Although floral is still in, it is with a larger print and pant suits appear. As for the young man, I have two words Napoleon Dynamite!

8 comments:

TokyoMagic! said...

Wow...these two photos really make me wonder where these people are today. Do you think the couple in the last pic got married and lived happily ever after?

Katella Gate said...

The fashions may change, but the railing stays the same.

Major Pepperidge said...

Prairie dresses, I remember those! And check out the awkward pose in photo #2.

The Viewliner Limited said...

Grad Nites always had the best music. Nice pix.

Anonymous said...

Tokyo, that is exactly what I was thinking!
If we had all stayed with our school sweethearts, where would we be now....??

Amy said...

Wow Captain Hook has changed too! Wish I would have lived out here in my teens so I could have gone to Grad Nite!

Vaughn said...

Ah, the seventies, my necktie was almost wider that is was long!

Unknown said...

HA! Hook looked funny! He sure has changed through the years! Especially his wardrobe!!