Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Country Bear Christmas 1985

Debuting in 1984 was a special show at the Country Bear Jamboree. The bears were redressed and reprogrammed to sing Christmas and Holiday songs. This was always a hit with the crowd, with many singing along. Disneyland publicity published these two images in 1985. First up is a nice group shot of the bear performers featuring the Five Bear Rugs and Gomer in his Elvis glory.

The second image features Gomer in his Elvis glory and Henry the emcee of the show.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I think this show would have been much more successful if it had been "A Country Bear Kwanzaa".

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Major - cracking me up again!

These are great stills, I miss this show, it was silly but perfect for the Country Bears... Heck, I miss just miss the bears!

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Oh, I miss my Country Bears and so enjoyed working the Christmas version especially...I hate what's there now...silly Pooh!