Thursday, December 24, 2009

Very Merry Christmas Parade Part 2

Two more photo stills from the late 1970s parade and then one for the Spanish speaking readers. First up are various Disney characters working at Santa's toy factory.

Next up is Doc working at the North Pole post office, checking the list to see who has been naughty and who has been nice. I hope my readers are on the nice list.

The last image features the big man himself, Santa Claus at the end of the parade. This still is from around 1998 and was included in a packet of stills sent to the Hispanic media.

Hope all my readers have a Happy Holiday!

6 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

The 1998 Hispanic publicity still is interesting, the castle looks older than 1998 and Santa & his sleigh are at an odd angle indeed..

Merry Christmas and happy holiday's!

ps. I hope I'm on the nice list...

Major Pepperidge said...

Merry Christmas Patrick! I'm away from home, so commenting will be sporadic. Thanks for the wealth of great stuff over the past year.

Matt said...

That last still looks like it might have been 'assembled'

Dan Alexander said...

I love seeing the Jungle Book characters dressed up for Christmas---And that version of the King Louie costume is better than the more recent one, in my opinion.

Daveland said...

Merry Christmas Patrick - hope you are staying warm today!

Disney On Parole said...

Hey Matterhorn,
The last still was taken for a commercial in 1988, the float was parked in front of the castle and the elves put up there in the back ground, I was Santa for the shoot...
I was told the footage was to be used for a commercial, and then I saw the footage used in the Disney Christmas Sing A Long Video (the song Here comes Santa Claus), and the still was Also used for a AAA Ad in '88, and now here... Go figure... how's that's mileage?!
Thanks for sharing.