Monday, December 21, 2009

Some Random Images for Monday

Today I pulled three random images. First up is a publicity still from The Aristocats. The image shows director Woolie Reitherman showing a publicity still to Maurice Chevalier who sang the theme song.

The second image is from 1941 and is of a hardware store's window display for Christmas. The theme was Dumbo and featured lots of various stuffed animals, including a real Bighorn sheep mounton the far left! I would guess the Dumbo circus display was from Stensgaard and Associates, a manufacturer of many store displays.

The final image is a different pose from the Pitchur Gallery in Knott's Ghost Town. The main reason I am showing this photo is to let you know of a new website featuring Knott's Berry Farm: Knott's Preserved. The website is to promote the book by Chris Merritt on the history of Knott's. The site showcases many of the photographs that were cut during the editing of the book. I recommend a visit for some great history.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Love that Dumbo window display! Those were the days... makes me think of the scene in "A Christmas Story", when the kids are looking at the display at Higbees.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Gentlemen. I want to give you a brief review of the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco.

1. It's wonderful. You all need to see it.

2. I can't post pictures, none are allowed inside and it was too dark by the time we got out. sorry.

3. The museum exhibits were the best use of video and projection displays I have ever seen. Worth a trip for this alone, even if you dont care about Disneyland.

Really took me back to my youth as a Disney fan, especially the giant model of Disneyland in the basement.

Best wishes to all for a happy holiday.

Monday, 21 December, 2009

bhutan holiday said...

wow wonderful like it.