Saturday, June 02, 2012

Views From the Skyway 1971

Three nice views of Disneyland from the Skyway. First up is a nicely posed view of Monorail Red sitting in station. I miss the nice palm tree foilage and greenery in the front of the Monorail station and Submarine Voyage.

Next up a nice view of the Submarine Voyage with the Matterhorn and Small World walkway in the background. Looks like it was a very busy day.

Final image for today is the old Matterhorn Swiss Cheese hole which allowed the Skyway to pass through the mountain. Like several people, I miss the openness of the Matterhorn during this era.

4 comments:

Thufer said...

What a nice treat on a Saturday morning.

K. Martinez said...

Nice view of Monorail Red. Those Mark IIIs were my favorite version of the Monorail.

I miss the openness of the Matterhorn too. It will be interesting to see the Matterhorn make-over in person this summer. So far I'm not impressed with the online photos I've seen.

Major Pepperidge said...

Whoa, look at the crowd for IASW!

...But It Wasn't Always That Way! said...

Love this ominous picture of the Matterhorn! Check out how TINY those evergreens are compared to that GINANTIC mountain! ;)