Thursday, June 07, 2012

Three Views From 1971

I am stuck in 1971 this week with images from a photo album. First up is a view of the Dwarves marching by Alpine Gardens (where the Monsanto Home of Tomorrow used to sit.) Nice view of the Plaza Inn in the background.

Next up is a view from the Skyway with the Carousel in the foreground and Fantasyland dark rides and Sleeping Beauty Castle in the background.

Final image is of two icons, one remaining and one removed. I love this photograph showing both vertical attractions, the Matterhorn and Rocket Jets. I believe this was taken from the stage that was located where the Magic Eye theater is now located.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Love that last photo especially!

K. Martinez said...

I like the lawn, simple pathway and openness in the first image. In some ways I miss that look at Disneyland.