Friday, June 15, 2012

Rainbow Mine Ride Attraction Script Circa 1956

Although not very graphic, this two page mimeographed attraction narration is very rare. Prior to Nature's Wonderland, there was another Mine Train that went through the Rainbow Desert and Rainbow Caverns. The driver of the train would use this script to narrate the trip. I love the little touches noting the other rides seen in the desert and the other rides a guest could enjoy in Frontierland. Note the scenic elements carried over the Nature's Wonderland such as the various cacti in the shape of animals and dwarves.

6 comments:

K. Martinez said...

What a rare treat. Thanks!

Major Pepperidge said...

Neat! I notice the reference to a Grizzly bear, which I assume is this guy?

Somehow I was surprised how short the script was, but of course this was before it was expanded to the much more elaborate Nature's Wonderland.

Snow White Archive said...

A rare find indeed! Don't know how you come across these treasures, but keep doing what you're doing. Thanks for sharing.

...But It Wasn't Always That Way! said...

Amazing! And a well-written script. I can hear the words coming out of Winston Hibler's mouth...

SundayNight said...

Those are great. I love all the references to the various original sights. I’m practicing reading these in my best “old timer” voice.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful simplicity. I can smell the mimeograph ink. It was a pretty brief narrative before the expansion.

--Former operator.