Friday, January 15, 2016

Souvenir Friday- Gus From Cinderella Main Street Window Figure and Seattle Space Needle Images

A favored piece in my collection is this figurine of Gus from Cinderella. The figurine is fiberglass and nicely painted with a cloth shirt. The figurine was used as part of a Main Street Window Display to promote Cinderella. He is a nice sized figure about 2.5 feet tall. I believe he is from the late 1960s.

I also wanted to finish the series I have been doing on the Space Needle in Seattle Washington. The images are somewhat self explanatory. The images actually come from a series of strips with slides for a viewer showing the Seattle World's Fair. I presume the strips and viewer were sold as a souvenir at the fair.

1 comment:

Major Pepperidge said...

Now we need to find a picture of that window display! Cool item.