Friday, September 06, 2013

Souvenir Friday- Disneyland Hallmark Wrapping Paper

In the late 1950s, Hallmark was the official greeting card company of Disneyland. One of the benefits of this relationship was a collection of Disney themed wrapping paper and other gift accessories. Of course Disneyland was also featured in this line of wrapping paper. The design features each land and landmarks rendered in a mid-Century Modern cartoon style. My wife keeps asking me if she can use it to wrap up presents for me!

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Oh wow! I have some other Hallmark wrapping paper that is not as cool as this.

Nanook said...

What great paper this is, indeed.

If the truth be told, though, Hallmark didn't appear at Disneyland until June of 1960. It was our good friends Gibson Greeting Cards, whose store opened along with the Park in 1955. And then Gibson returned in June, 1985 and it was so long to Hallmark. Ahhh, the revolving door of greeting card companies.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen this, thank you for sharing. I'd frame it.