Tuesday, September 24, 2013

More Images From the Mid-1980s Disneyland

Three more images from Disneyland in the Mid-1980s. First up is a great shot of Mark Twain looking like the wedding cake it is sometimes called. The Twain is coming into the dock.

Next image is another attraction found on the Rivers of America, the stage on Tom Sawyer's Island. And in the background is the mighty sailing ship Columbia. This picture brings me back to the good old Disneyland when I started collecting.

Moving east to the other side of the park, a great image of the classic 1967 entrance to Tomorrowland. Notice how everything is framed to the vertical draw of the Rocket Jets.

6 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I always love that perspective on Tomorrowland, especially with the Peoplemover. Great pic!

K. Martinez said...

What's with the spire framework on top of the "Inner Space" building? Is that the start of the Star Tours building. Maybe a sightline test?

Great shot of Tomorrowland at its peak.

MRaymond said...

My favorite version of Tomorrowland. I couldn't resist enlarging the picture and looking for my family. Nope.

Alonzo P Hawk said...

Postcard perfect on all 3. Thanks for posting.

MintCrocodile said...

I miss the black tops of Mark Twain's smokestacks.

Bunthorne said...

Could that spire be Space Mountain going up?