Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday Mystery- Riverboat

This image was purchased with other Disneyland photographs from a Long Beach newspaper. At first glance it looks like Disneyland. But on a short glance, it is not Disneyland. The question then is where? Is it Freedomland or somewhere else. I do know that Mission Beach in San Diego had the Bahia Belle that was a river boat that would run through the area. I also believe there are/were boats in Newport Harbor and maybe even Long Beach. So where do you think this image was taken and where the boat ran?

Thanks to the genorisity of Sergeant Pepper, here is a scan of the postcard of the boat, the Princess that sailed from Ports of Call.

4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Patrick, I'm sending you a scan via email, this might be the "Princess" from Ports Of Call (San Pedro).

Anonymous said...

Looks like the Princess to me, too. I used to conduct tours of Marina Del Rey aboard the Princess in the early 70s. Started each day washing all those windows...

Major Pepperidge said...

I've been demoted to Sergeant!

Matterhorn1959 said...

The change is due to your Sergeant Peppers ghost trick you wrote about!!