Friday, August 17, 2007

Souvenir Friday- Carnation Lands Ice Cream Shakes Brochure

Moving to Colorado has really decreased the amount of Disneyland and Disney related items I find when I am at Swap Meets and Antique Stores. However once in a while I do find some really great items. Last Sunday I was at the Colorado Springs swap meet and a seller I know has been cleaning out his barn of accumulated items. In the box I spied the words Tomorrowland and Frontierland and knew I had found a nice Disneyland item. The brochure was given away by Carnation Ice Cream and features floats and other Ice Cream desserts inspired by Disneyland. The brochure is dated 1959 and features some great graphics. I love brochures that tie merchandise or sales with Disneyland.

8 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Holy moly! I've never even heard of this brochure before. Plenty of 50's era Disneyland graphics, too. Congratulations on a fantastic find, Matterhorn!

thepicklebarrel said...

oh, my, god....

i hate you.

Anonymous said...

Luckeeee...

Napolean Dynamite

Anonymous said...

Since when does Dumbo have fingers!?!?! And only on one hand!! How creepy..

Chris Merritt said...

I've never ever seem this item before.

amazing.

Kevin Kidney said...

Wow, that Adventureland Shake sounds really good! I'll have to run out and buy some "red decorettes" this week!

Thanks for sharing this, Patrick! SO fun!

-Kevin

Daveland said...

Patrick - what an awesome piece - love the graphics!

Matt Novak said...

Very cool find. Thanks for sharing.