Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Some Drivers and A New Driver

Well I fixed the scanner problem by removing the original driver program and downloading the new driver. And to celebrate the success, here are two images of drivers at Knott's Berry Farm. This must have been one of the popular rides as I have seen other images of kids on these old cars. It looks like they are at the outside of the gates to the park.

Another kind of photographs I collect are kids with toys. I like the Christmas ones where the kid is literally swamped by toys and wrapping paper. This one is nice as I have not seen too many with Cecil the Sea Sick Serpent toys. This image is dedicated to my friend Bob and his wife Danielle who collect Cecil toys.

4 comments:

Dan said...

Cool blog... I love this kind of stuff. Wanted to e-mail you a link but couldn't find a way to do so. Thought you might be interested in this post about an original Haunted Mansion pr document that somebody posted.

Major Pepperidge said...

I have some slides of those same cars, but didn't know where the pictures were taken. I'll have to scan them and put them up on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Great shots! Those little coin op cars were located near the Merry Go Round on the north side of the park. In those days there were no 'gates' to be 'outside of' - you were admitted free to the grounds. Great memories.

Anonymous said...

Also... just to help you visualize these little jalopies - they moved up and down in a quick jerky motion, and you could honk the horn - which delivered a weak, gutteral weeze like a wounded goose. Can still hear it clearly.