Wednesday, March 23, 2011

World's Fair Wednesday- Overhead at the Fair

Nice overhead shots of the 1965 New York World's Fair. I believe these were taken while riding the Skyway. First up is a nice view of the Unisphere and surrounding locations.

Next up is the Travel Pavilion with the distinctive Moon dome featuring To The Moon & Beyond.

A view of the International area with the unique architecture for each country. I like the House of Japan in the foreground.

A view of New Jersey, at least the Pavilion. The guide book promises many displays, craftsmen, Edison memories and model trains.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

The first and last photos were taken from one of the "flying saucer" towers of the New York pavilion (shown recently on your blog). The third photo is likely a Sky Ride picture, and I'm not sure about the second one! Great pix, I always love looking at this fair.

Connie Moreno said...

Goodness, these are so cool!

Katella Gate said...

I am in love with that pavilion with the blue and green tents. What a great piece of modern art to hang on the wall.

I also love the crisp geometry of the planting beds.