Friday, March 18, 2011

Souvenir Friday- Coke Corner Song Book

In the early years of the operation of Disneyland, many of the small shops actually gave a way paper souvenirs. This song book was placed out on the tables at the Coke Corner and feature songs appropriate for the time period of Main Street. The spot illustrations are examples of the great work done by the graphic designers at Disneyland during this time. Of course this brochure appeals not only to the Disneyland collectors but also the Coca Cola collectors.

5 comments:

Connie Moreno said...

Are you kidding me???????? OMG, that is awesome!!!

Matt said...

Wow, another fantastic item I've never seen before!

Major Pepperidge said...

There's the song that HAL sings as he is being lobotomized!

210Frwy said...

Love it!

Chris Jepsen said...

I always thought they should encourage sing-alongs there at Coke Corner. And here it turns out they DID! I wonder why they don't bring that back. I bet people would love it!

@Major: I understand it's customary (if not mandatory) to sing while being lobotomized. I've selected "Back In the Saddle Again" for the day when government agents appear at my door with a scalpel. Afterward, I will have a better understanding of American politics, a hankering for McDonald's, and a new appreciation of professional sports.