Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Views Around the Park 1960

A neat little set of views throughout Disneyland in December 1960. First up is an image from Skyway showing the sleek and only a year old Monorail in station. The Monorail still looks modern, it must have been mind blowing to see it in 1960.

A great view of the Skyway in Tomorrowland. The occupants are waving, let's all wave back.

A view of the Matterhorn with the Skyway going through. The mountain is still nice and shiny being only a year old.

A longer view of the Matterhorn and the Skyway from Tomorrowland.

Moving westward, a fully loaded Mine Train is heading out to Nature's Wonderland.

5 comments:

Connie Moreno said...

Those were wonderful! The Monorail pic brought back a childhood memory: Once we were seated, I eagerly waited for the castmember to walk along the Monorail, activating the door locking system. It had a very distinct sound and as soon as I heard it, I knew the fun would begin!

Major Pepperidge said...

I almost feel as if I'm looking at photos from my own family's history... (are these the kind of b&w photos that had the wavy edges?).

keeline said...

It looks like the Mine Train is returning from Nature's Wonderland.

Katella Gate said...

Yes, the Monorail was magic, and I remember how privileged I felt that Mr. Disney was sharing his wonderful park with us.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Great post, nothing as nice as a shiny new Monorail! Hey, I posted 1960 Disneyland pics today too, great minds! I swear we do not coordinate when this happens, there's no way I'm that organized!