Friday, August 29, 2008

Souvenir Friday- Disneyland Marshall Badge 1950s

A nicely designed stamped metal badge with a simple pin enclosure from the early days of Disneyland and Frontierland. The mystery is was this sold in a playset or was this sold individually? I have found three of these badges over the years and have never seen a Disneyland Marshall playset. In images of Marshall Lucky, it appears he is wearing the same badge....

The back is double marked with a copyright for Walt Disney Productions.

This does bring me back to days of playing gunfighter with my brothers.

5 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I want one of these! It's full of 50's Frontierland juju.

For a "cheap" item it looks pretty great when you compare it to the plastic junk that we get today.

The Viewliner Limited said...

This is very cool!

outsidetheberm said...

Wow - this one's in nice shape, too. Very clean!

Mike said...

Gee, great minds think alike!

I posted about pins (much newer ones--as in the 1980s) on my site this morning.

I would've loved to have one of these badges when I worked on Big Thunder (it would've complimented the costume somethin' fierce!).

Mike

Anonymous said...

Any chance it was a "giveaway" to lucky kids who participated in something or other (kinda like the wings badges the airlines used to give kids who visited the cockpit)?