Friday, August 15, 2008

Souvenir Friday- 1959 Autograph Album

One of my favorite pieces in my collection is this autograph book. The front cover features a very cartoony Tinkerbell adding her pixie dust magic to the word Autographs.

Although the front cover is nice, the back cover is fantastic with great 1950s illustration style art for the Submarine Voyage, Skyway, Autopia and Mad Tea Party. These illustrations are also used on a large size scrap book that was also sold in 1959.

The interior does feature a Walt Disney autograph (unfortunately printed, but still a nice touch.)

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Neat item, those are great little illustrations on the back!

Anonymous said...

Hello! there is no way to email you or contact you except through this. Anyways I have this really neat Its a Small World Music Box and I was hoping if I gave you some pictures you could tell me about it? Its got to be at least 30 years old. You can email me at keohanepatrick@yahoo.com if you can! thanks!

Condens!Condens! said...

Hi Do you have a high resolution scan of the cover tinkerbel? I would like to use this for a birth card illustration?