Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Rocket to the Moon Large Format Slides

Two large format slide images of the TWA Rocket to the Moon in 1956. The first shows the rocket standing proudly with the Flight Circle in the foreground. I believe this is before Coxpilot was working the attraction. The shot includes another style of the great Tomorrowland lights.

The second shot really shows off the theater buildings and the front entrance to the attraction. Also the family in the foreground is really moving quite fast, probably heading to the Phantom Boats before they disappeared.

4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Oh man, this series of photos is SO great, I am hoping for lots more! Super nice color, great early images, I can't wait for any others. Also, thanks for the nice large scans. There's something about that first one that really makes you feel like you are there.

The Viewliner Limited said...

Fantastic images. And ditto to the large scans. WOW! What a cool place this was.

Major Pepperidge said...

Hey Patrick, it might just be me, but when I click on the second photo I am unable to see the larger scan (I get a "404" message). Just thought I'd let you know in case there was just an inadvertent broken link! Thanks.

Matterhorn1959 said...

Major- link is fixed. Thanks.